.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The deepest secrets and drunkenest rantings from Australia's premier pop combo

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Gday there people, welcome to the doctor's diary for May. I haven't written for a while, but that's coz there's been fuck all going on worth talking about. Well, nothing that you'd be interested in anyway.

You may be interested to know that I've rounded up about 20 hours of digital video footage from Frenzal tours dating back to about two years ago, and I'm slowly filling up our manager's hard drive with them. So with any luck, sometime before the end of the year we might even get a little Frenzal DVD on our hands. I've uncovered some pretty funny stuff so far, from BB gun action in Taiwan, monkey spotting in South Africa, General drunkeness and debauchery all over the world, and the fun to be had with a one dollar coin at a 24hr laundromat. As well as a bunch of live shows from us, with varying degrees of shitness.

You may notice that our gig schedule for the rest of this year is looking a little empty. That's coz we're about to start writing a nice shiny new album for y'all to dig your rotting teeth into. We've dusted off the reel to reel 4-track and the squeezebox and the demos are sure to start anyday now... anyday...

Apart from that I've been kept busy with a little compilation I'm working on. A few months ago I realised that pretty much all of my mates in bands had one thing in common - we all hated John Howard. So I figured why not put out a compilation album to tell all of Australia just how much we hate the little man with the big eyebrows, and maybe convince people to NOT VOTE FOR HIM in the next election. Of course this coincides quite nicely with Fat Wreck's Rock Against Bush (I promise I thought of it first...), so I thought I'd call it ROCK AGAINST HOWARD, and it's gonna have all your favourite aussie musos rocking out against the liberal party. I won't spoil the surprise by naming which bands, but it's gonna rock, I can tell you that. It'll be out by the end of June I hope, so make sure you keep an eye out for it - and I'll make sure I remind you all.

Apart from that, Jason and I have been busy putting the final orchestral flourishes on the Self-Righteous Brothers album, which should be ready real soon, as soon as the bassoonist finished his licks. It's sounding real nice too, real purty...

And that's about it. Right now I'm listening to Gentle Ben and His Sensitive Side's new album, it's a little cold, and my breath smells like Baked Beans and green capsicum.

Cheers to you all,
Lindsay.
Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?